ARM vs Intel CPU's On Chrome OS

That pinebook looks intersting, go with that for science and make a thread about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe…

I’m definitely going with it for science.

Wanna setup arch/i3 on it and have some fun with an arm laptop.

2 Likes

Another thing to consider is that ipads are getting mouse support in iOS13.

1 Like

Cm8m

Pinebook it is.

2 Likes

thats what i meant! i was looking for it but didnt find it. im interested in that. if it costs around 200 bucks i would get one to see how it turns out to bed.

1 Like

Well ARM isnt exactly new especially in the case of this thing but I get what you mean.

You could still run chromium os and ‘install’ apps the same way you would if it was windows. I did this for netflix on my phone when they stopped supporting rooted devices. Theres also f-droid…

You think you hate those ipads…until you realize how seamless the experience is.

After years of rooting and playing with android… Googles shit is getting old.

1 Like

Just stop rooting! Lol

I wouldnt have to if stock android wasnt so shit.

I’m gonna go full boomer and go back to a flip phone. I’ve already got the iPod.

1 Like

OxygenOS is a nice near stock implementation. I’ve never had issues with it.

2 Likes

It does. Wendell will be getting a review unit, I believe.

1 Like

oh man that will be an interesting video that im actually waiting for!

1 Like

If he doesn’t get one, I’ll do a review.

1 Like

:pray: thats the attitude I wanna see!

Whoring for all he’s worth!

1 Like

Ok I have Chromebook.

If you want to use Crostini (officially supported llinux software containers) Go Intel you won’t be able run closed source stuff Like steam to running Arm.

My Intel Chromebook getw about 8 hours of battery life. And it is on the lower end.

Android apps will run with ARM if that is a concern.

1 Like

I don’t think I really care about Steam support on a Chromebook. I never use in home streaming anyways.

And I might stick with Linux if I go the Pinebook Pro route.

What I mean is you can run full steam. There are video of people playing CSGO and stuff on them.

I might be wrong but Vscode only works on x86. Which will run with Crostini.

1 Like

Yeah, dude I used to work with would run VS Code on his Chromebook with the Linux terminal.

Yeah Google now officially support it and they have added GPU acceleration to Linux software so it pretty nice.