First Episode

Sorry for the click bait, but I’m curious to know what you all think my first episode should be? :wink:

I have already recorded some things, but I can’t really decide what to publish first or what to focus my efforts on. Since we have a nice little community here, I thought we could all participate to see what the first launch and first “season” will be.

• Introduce Yourself
  • Unix/Linux origins and experience
  • DevOps and CI/CD
  • Software development and Open Source
  • I.T./Tech DIY

0 voters

Feel free to expound on your answer.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20190620-181059__01

/jk I voted

6 Likes

Thx <3

1 Like

Excuse me sir but do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and savior, SSD in an iPod classic running rockbox?

2 Likes

Where is the option to talk about your cats?

4 Likes

That’s an obvious for every episode :wink:

Goes without saying :grin:

1 Like

I would definitely do any of those.

And the cats. Talk about them too.

3 Likes

FIRST EPISODE

sorry for click bait

Damn it , papadev! I fell for it.

On topic now.
Technically shouldn’t the first episode be Introduce Yourself?

3 Likes

It should and here’s my reasoning why.

As we know @admindev is a walking library of software knowledge and we all want him to show us de whey.
However, depending on your goals, building a character around yourself, showing some personality etc, is an excellent way to get people into your stuff.
Use your charisma to capture your audience and it will be an important factor for your ability to grow(if you so desire).
There are many individuals with a legion of knowledge who has no idea how to channel that into teachings and information to other people, sometimes all you need is just a pinch of personality and entertainment factor to get people to listen to what you have to say, and come back for seconds.

4 Likes

1 Like

Who cares about any of those options, introduce your cats!

2 Likes

@admindev the people have spoken!

People want CatOps videos and none of that Software dev / Tech stuff you are trying to push on them.

3 Likes

Lmao congrats, you just picked the title of the first episode.

2 Likes

4 Likes

@AdminDev needs to do his own rendition of this gif.

2 Likes

Funny, I have a video of my cat wiggling on the couch. Maybe I will.

2 Likes

Thank you all for voting and participating. I will be spending time on these topics in proportion to how they were voted on in the first episode of AdminDev Labs: CatOps

Introductions to myself (and the cats).

My plans for I.T. DIY projects and what I’m currently working on.

DevOps experience (circling back from the introductions) and my CI/CD experience.

Software and open source – I’ll likely discuss my plans, projects, contributions, and plug my GitHub and GitLab accounts.

Unix and Linux origins and experience. I’ll probably end on that, which will lead into the future episodes. Why am I using FreeBSD? What got me into Linux? What are either of those things? How did they come about? Why should you care? :nerd: :linux: :demon: :puffy:

Also, I’ll probably plug my idea for the weekly Linux User Group episode if y’all are still interested in that.

We’ll need to start a campaign to bring Gek back, too.

1 Like

Good to go. Looks like it’s still not uploaded, but I pushed the first episode. Going to link to Stitcher and Spotify. No iTunes this time, I don’t think. Too much of a hassle.

1 Like

Isn’t that shutting down soon anyways?

1 Like

:tada: w00t :tada:

@Adubs @Token @hidead @SynapticCleft12 @SgtAwesomesauce @lesser @BookrVII @Lucifer @dobzz @ArgGrr @Dynamic_Gravity @MFZuul Tagging since y’all voted lol.

11 Likes