[INTEL XE RUMORS/LEAKS]>Salty KoolAid< Fanboys & Hateboys Edition Mega_Thread

WELCOME TO THE FIRST INTEL dGPU THREAD!

And we are starting off with the first legit rumor about the first gen dGPUs of the Xe family of GPUS:

• iDG1LPDEV = “Intel® UHD Graphics, Gen12 LP DG1” “gfx-driver-ci-master-2624”
  • iDG2HP512 = “Intel® UHD Graphics, Gen12 HP DG2” “gfx-driver-ci-master-2624”
  • iDG2HP256 = “Intel® UHD Graphics, Gen12 HP DG2” “gfx-driver-ci-master-2624”
  • iDG2HP128 = “Intel® UHD Graphics, Gen12 HP DG2” “gfx-driver-ci-master-2624”

The four variants that have been leaked go by the name of “iDG1” and “iDG2”. The “DG” most likely stands for Discrete Graphics while the “1” and “2” designation is the performance scale of the chip. The four discrete GPUs also include LP and HP variants where LP stands for Low-Power and HP for High-Power variants. You can think of EUs as the number of cores, similar to NVIDIA’s CUDA core and AMD’s Stream processor core count. Each core is built and designed differently so unless we know more about Intel’s Xe GPU, comparing the core count with NVIDIA and AMD won’t be a wise choice. Intel is expected to unveil more information on their discrete graphics solutions at CES 2020 which is just a few months away.

TL;DR:

First we’ll see integrated Xe GPUs in newer CPUs with 60fps in 1080p Gaming (eSports Titles) and dGPUs maybe later this year or next year depending on what Intel shows at CES 2020 which will occur in January 2020.

2 Likes

Bring it on bby, my wallet is ready.

1 Like

Fuck not mine, I just bought a big rig and am saving for rental properties.

TYPICAL CORRUPT INTEL

Raja posted this yesterday… which speculates the date of Intel Gpu presentation to be June 2020. Or so the tech journalists speculate.

Just in time to compete with the $5K ampere based ti card from NVIDIA? (Extrapolating from recent generation price increases) :wink:

XPU intensifies…

Instead of purely targeting the gaming market, Intel is set to combine the new GPUs with its CPUs to create a competitive platform in a bid to pursue business opportunities from datacenter, AI and machine learning applications and such a move is expected to directly affect Nvidia, which has been pushing its AI GPU platform in the data center market, the sources noted. via DigiTimes

The chip is aimed at mobile platforms and is said to feature GDDR6 memory and a TDP of 25W while featuring performance similar to the GeForce GTX 1050 desktop graphics card. This is still an early entry but it looks like the mobility variants would lineup great with the 10nm Tiger Lake CPUs arriving next year.

The four variants that have been leaked go by the name of “iDG1” and “iDG2”. The “DG” most likely stands for Discrete Graphics while the “1” and “2” designation is the performance scale of the chip. The four discrete GPUs also include LP and HP variants where LP stands for Low-Power and HP for High-Power variants. You can think of EUs as the number of cores, similar to NVIDIA’s CUDA core and AMD’s Stream processor core count. Each core is built and designed differently so unless we know more about Intel’s Xe GPU, comparing the core count with NVIDIA and AMD won’t be a wise choice. Intel is expected to unveil more information on their discrete graphics solutions at CES 2020 which is just a few months away.

So, looks like their first target is to kill off the < $150-200 GPU market like they did for the < $100 with their iris crap.

AMD may thwart them though, not with navi/poorlarrys but because of Zen needing a discreet GPU. and i7 having teh suck :wink:

In the words of one of my co-workers (and I 100% agree)

Exactly what Intel said they would do - Target mid-range first, then release high-end; Two ways Intel can make a huge dent in market share.

1. Provide similar performance to NVIDIA at significantly cheaper price points.
  2. Significantly better performance for similar price points.

Intel needs to mop the floor with NVIDIA. Someone fucking needs to, because I’m tired of shit pricing for expected performance increases.

I remain hopeful, the architecture in ice lake is decent.

INB4 Nvidia matroxes consumer GPUs lol…

‘Good enough’ Integrated is pushing discrete cards out of the low end / mainstream market

Odd man out is nvidia

1 Like