RAM: 32GB 4 x 8gb 3600mhz Bdie
M.2: 2 x ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1tb
HDD: 4 x WD RED 4TB
SSD [Sata]: 2 Crucial MX500 1tb in Raid 0
Optical: ASUS Triple Layer UHD Friendly Blu Ray burner

5 Likes

CPU: Intel 2500k + Thermaltake True Spirit and Black Noctua NF-F12 PWM
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC (6GB)
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator LP ram (1333mhz maybe?)
STORAGE: 3 Samsung 2.5 sata SSDs.
PSU: Corsair SF600 Plat SFX psu.
HDD: Nope!
Optical: Bigger nope! External optical drive when I need to burn something to a disk (happens maybe once a year).
CASE FANS: 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans pushing cold air in and some Silverstone dust filters to keep case internals relatively dust free.

2 Likes

Inside

Mobo: ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING
CPU: Ryzen 1600X
Cooler: NH-U12S SE-AM4.
RAM: TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW
GPU: Vega56
SSD: NVMe SSD 960 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
PSU: DQ750ST
Optical: Yeah, sometimes you have to read a disk.
Case: Fractal Define R5 with plastic window on the side.

It is a little dusty. There are two case fans in the front, and the regular case filter in front of them to stop things bigger than dust I suppose.
I got the mobo and some other RGB RAM in a deal from New Egg, threw in a CPU. That RAM is now in my NAS with some other old RAM. I got this stuff since it was reported to work better with Ryzen and was on the compatibility list. It also wasn’t cheap.
I did drag it out into the kitchen and try and get some stable clocks going, since i kept getting random crashes and RAM was never running as fast as it should have been. Turns out stability was solved by bumping the CPU volts to 1.4. Now I can run 4.9GHz, 3200MHz on RAM and prime95 for 12 hours with no issues. Good enough for this stuff.
The PSU I bought a while ago when toying with eth mining on some old hardware, needed something to run 2xR290x.
There is an RGB strip running around the inside, I had some RGB stuff lying around doing nothing and there was a header for it on the mobo, so why not.

The system doesn’t get that much use, only when gaming on it or on the couch via steam-link. Or when I want to do work down in the lab room, which is an absolute pigsty.

2 Likes

2700x (will be replaced with a 3950x when it launches)
x570 taichi
Phanteks Pro M Entho
Thermaltake cpu cooler
64GB 3200Mhz shiny shiny ram
Vega 64 8GB
1 TB nvme boot
2tb SSD
1kw corsair modular psu (way more than I need)
raid card

… my 16tb (4x4tb 7200rpm drives) are in an external enclosure

was thinking of replacing the GPU with this

2 Likes

How much of a boost will that GPU give you? 20%? Or do you want raytrace?
Nice system!

I have no issues with the performance, Just fed up with the usual amd ‘hot and loud’ more than anything else.

Will hold off though as I want to see what Intel and amd do for ray tracing.

Amd will have a definite edge as rt will be built into the consoles and optimized by default, so dont be fooled into thinking vidya is ahead

Assuming you meant 3.9 ghz :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that’s what I said :slight_smile:

Flashback to bulldozer days.