Not sure if this is the place where it goes, feel free to move at your discretion.
I’ve been having an issue with my work pc for a few days now and I can’t suss out the issue with my very limited troubleshooting knowledge and abilities.
Symtoms I’ve noticed:
- Very slow to load some internet pages, sometimes resulting in timeouts when logging in to things like email
- When testing in command prompt (admin) using the ping command it takes a good 30 seconds for it to finally run through after entering it. No dropped packets and once it starts receiving them it appears to function as normal since they come in right after another as they’re supposed to
- Doesn’t matter which browser I use, the problem persists
- Only happens on this machine, regardless of wired or wireless (may have to retest wireless just in case when I have time)
- No noticeable affect in task manager when trying to open a webpage or ping a site.
Actions I’ve taken so far:
- Ran malwarebytes, nothing came up
- Ran windows defender, nothing came up
- Ran Ccleaner, cleaned some crap up but didn’t do anything for the issue
- Reset Modem
- Defragged hard drive
That’s about the extent of my abilities (sad I know…).
Specs if you must know:
Seagate 1tb spinning rust